Sunday, March 19, 2006

The past several weeks have been amazing. Through this fast (although it's not specifically a Lent fast, I explain it as such to people so there's not a whole lot of explanation involved) God has been slowly revealing things to me, many of which I have written about on here or on my xanga. One of the things God has really been showing me (especially this spring break, which is over in... two hours) is that, while He has designed me and given me a purpose of being a good husband and a good father (I think), I have blown this out of proportion and made it the focal point of my life rather than Him. About a year ago, I still struggled in this area (as I have for about six years), but I experienced such joy that my sufferings became absolutely miniscule. I want to experience this joy again, and I know how: connecting with Yahweh. I have really been putting my intimacy with Him on the backburner.

Last night Cassie, Rochelle, and I drove to Hamilton to visit Caleb's family and eat with him. We hung out and played with his dogs, then Cassie wanted to see a movie so we went to the Danbarry Dollar Saver in the Cincinnati Mills mall and saw Cheaper by the Dozen 2. I found it quite entertaining. Tonight, many of us went to Skyline Chili: Brian, Dafoe, Caleb, Heather, Cassie and I. Yesterday when I went up to Caleb's house, he thought Cassie and I were doing it as a date. He told Brian that it was a date, and Brian started laughing--more like hollering--in the middle of the hallway. It took me a while to convince them it wasn't a date.

This week should be... okay. I have a ten-page paper to research and write tomorrow, but other than that I have an easy week. I have realized that my suffering in the whole "girl arena" isn't as intense when I'm off-campus. I think this is because, while I am at campus, there are so many girls "looking" for a boyfriend, so many couples everywhere, and engagements and weddings left and right. Romance surrounds you. When I'm at home, it's just me and the incense and the birds in the morning... not to mention the classic pleasures of family and friends.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...