Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Monica and I got together to do Foundations of Education homework when Kyle sat down to join us. "Forest wants the camp job, too, but you said yes first, so the application is in your hands," he said.

"I really hope I get it," I said.

Monica looked up from her homework. "I'm sure you'll get it."

The three of us hung out for a while; Kyle left, but Jessica Cadwell took his place. Monica and I were taking turns on my laptop doing homework, and she had it at that time, so Jessica and I just sat back and talked: very good conversation and much laughter. She's a funny girl, but she had to go to class. Monica and I continued to do our work until Brian came by and said, "We've gotta go, Buddy." Our meeting in the library for a "WorldFest" booth on Judaism didn't take too long. I am in charge of learning how to dance like a Jewish person would dance in their culture. I tried to take a nap before dinner, but it did not work out (I've had the poops!). Rob and I went up to dinner, and Monica showed up right after having gone to the gym. She told me, "Make sure I eat healthy!" so I did. She's been crazy for dieting and exercise, even though she's thin as a washboard. "I've got to be fit for soccer," she said.

My forty-day fast is halfway over. I believe GOD has been telling me two things over and over (note: if you think we cannot hear GOD's voice anymore, read "Hearing God" by Dallas Willard): first, "I will bring the girl to you. She is real. You will be together." He also says, "Seek Me--seek Me first, and I will provide the girl." Regarding seeking Him, a quote by Colin Creel in Perspectives captures what I am "feeling":

Seek [GOD] first, even when things do not make sense, even when everyone around you seems to be receiving their hearts' desires, even when your heartfelt prayers go seemingly unanswered, even when you cry yourself to sleep at night. Our God is good...

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...