Friday, March 24, 2006

Life is simple, it really is. We just complicate it so much. I need to try and simplify my life.

How come things always have to be confusing? I hate confusion. Yesterday about four hundred people asked if me and Monica were together. "No," I said. "No, we're just friends." One of my good friends said, "She treats you like she likes you." "I thought so, too. We were wrong the first time." "Maybe she justs likes you because you'll give her the attention." "I don't know." I went into my room late last night after a Skyline Chili run with Brian, and John asked, "So, are you and Monica married yet?" It's really confusing. I was happy with just being friends, and I am happy with it, but now everyone's words are making me think of her like that again, and I don't want to. If there was something to be had in the relationship, then I wouldn't mind the feelings, but I know nothing is there. I just don't want to like her. I want to like someone who will like me back, and until then, I don't want to obsess over this. I've been trying to spend less time around her.

Brian and I were talking at Skyline, and I said, "It's just so confusing. She never said she didn't like me, but I think that's what she meant. She says she wants a boyfriend really bad and flirts with me, then she says she doesn't like me. Now she's starting to cling to me again. Gosh, I don't know what to do. The mystery is the worst. I'm going to talk to her, I guess. See what's up, you know?" Brian nodded. "Good idea, Man. Good idea."

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...