Sunday, March 05, 2006

"I stand between the saint and the sinner, chasing after holiness, close enough to grasp, but still it's just beyond my reach. Who I am is in-between: what I want to be and who I am." - Unknown

As I look at my life, I begin to realize how much God has given me. I begin to realize how much Yahweh has blessed me. I do not deserve any of it, but yet He lavishes His love and grace upon me. See, He is a wonderful God. Not only has He reconciled me to Him in His Kingdom, but He has given me a great, amazing family, a multitude of friends, and a beautiful future. He has taken the life of a self-indulgent human being, made it worth something, and now He is transforming me and spinning His plans into my life. Lying in bed last night, I realized how truly blessed I am. God has given me so much; the question is not, "God, how else will you bless me?" but, rather, "God, how may I bless You by blessing others with all the blessings you have given me?" For to him who is given much, much is demanded.


During this Lent fast, undertaken for the purpose of gaining direction and enlightenment in my life, I have taken one book of the Bible to focus on. This book is written by an unknown Teacher, and it's called "Ecclesiastes." As I read it over and over, more and more begins to stand out to me. I went to Clearcreek Park yesterday to read and pray, and as I read chapter 9, God spoke to me: "Humans will never understand Me. It's not possible. You can dedicate your lives to trying to understand Me, but you will only be able to catch a glimpse--if that!" He then added, "So what should you do? Fear Me, and keep My commandments. A wicked man may sin all the time and lead a good life, and a righteous man may suffer every day of his life. Yet the righteous is better off, for he fears Me."

Notice the Kingdom around you today.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

I like the old school background man.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...