Friday, February 25, 2011

30 Days (XII)

A Picture of Something You Love


Sushi is one of those things you're convinced you'll hate--"Raw fish?! WTF?!"--but, when you try it, you absolutely love it. I don't remember the first time I had sushi, though I'm positive it was sometime in 2008 or 2009. Mandy and I used to get sushi all the time, and she worked at a sushi restaurant in downtown Cincinnati for a while. Whether it's sushi or sushi rolls (raw fish or raw fish coupled with rice, seaweed, vegetables and other odds and ends), I love it. I don't like cooked salmon but I adore raw salmon (how strange). There's a restaurant five minutes from my house that has a plate filled with sushi as it is: just raw meats. Yellowtail, snapper, lobster, crab, tuna, salmon, scallops... All sorts of delicious raw fish. If I haven't eaten sushi in a while, I start to crave it; then I have sushi, and I crave it even more. It's like an addiction. I think I'll have sushi for lunch.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...