Monday, February 07, 2011

the dayton days [53]

Jess with LOTS of milk
Monday. I went down to Cincinnati, grabbed lunch with Mandy, Sarah C., Stephen and Ams: Soho Sushi. Ams and I convened with Blake up in his room for much of the afternoon, and Mandy joined us up there when she got back from work. She quit Soho, got a babysitting job, and is quitting that job, too. Ha! The rest of the night was spent playing Wii and watching "30 Rock."

Tuesday. We got lots of ice overnight. I worked 9:30-3:15, a good time with great people, making coffee for the scant customers braving the roads. Dylan & Tyler came over for a while, but they left when it started sleeting again. We're watching Tanner for a few days, and he nearly experienced Death-by-Van. Stupid (albeit cute) dog. It's windy and the ice is heavy and limbs are snapping and trees falling everywhere. And our electric is out. No surprise.

Wednesday. I dreamt Leah & I had sex and told her about it. "Was I any good?" she asked. "Absolutely!" I said. I woke at 5 AM to a strange world cloaked in ice. Limbs down, power outages, even saw a distant transformer exploding in a purple burst on my way to work. Work was chaotic: Joanne and Tony couldn't make it cause of the roads. I went in early to assist Jess in opening. A power outage overnight caused all the milk to go bad, so Jess & I ran to Cub's and filled two carts. "Everyone probably thinks we're a married couple obsessed with milk," she laughed. We were going to hit up Namaste India after work, but that fell through. I ran by the bank and saw Dylan & Tyler there. Hot Head Burrito for dinner.

Thursday. I opened the store. Mom & Dad went on a date, and Pat D. came over after work for some beers and Mario-Kart. He's addicted.

Friday. Leah came over when I got off work, and we went to a few shops and held hands and laughed, and we were happy and content. We made out for a while in my bedroom, and she gave me tons of hickies on my tummy and she kept smacking my ass and I kissed her petite stomach over and over again. "I wore a short shirt because I know you love my belly," she said. When she left I walked her to her car and she was shivering so I held her and she said, "Kissing you keeps me warm." Her midterms are coming up, and I told her we should study for them, and she grabbed my hand and drew it over her ass, legs, and stomach. "Study these instead," she said; "I need to study YOUR body more," and she went about groping my arms and chest. Pretty hot.

Saturday. Dylan & I headed down to Cincinnati when I got out of work. We spent the afternoon hanging out with Amos, Mandy, and Ams. Blake was there, too, with his buddy Billy. I called Leah on our way back to Cincinnati. I really like her, and I don't (yet) have any hesitations. "I'm so glad to see you happy," Mandy said. Leah's mom has hated all her boyfriends, but she told her, "Anthony's a great boyfriend. He helps you with school, understands your priorities, isn't demanding." Kyle from work was flirting with Leah hardcore over text, saying some surprising things, wanting to fool around and calling her his slut. She told him off, said she had a boyfriend, and he got pissed. 

Superbowl Sunday '11. Grandma is back in town from her sister's. I went to the Route 48 Starbucks to continue working on Reframing Repentance: almost finished. An iced soy white mocha helped me plow through the latest chapter. "If winter were a woman," Dylan said, "I'd get a bunch of guys together, rape her, slit her throat, and bathe in her blood." That came out of Dylan's mouth, but I understand: winter's a bitch, and a long-ass bitch at that. I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears. I got gas, did more writing at the Bux, and then went over to Leah's with an iced white mocha for her as a treat. Her parents threw a Superbowl Party with lots of good food and lots of Hannah's friends. Students from Cedarville. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...