Tuesday, February 01, 2011

ice ice baby

Worst storm of the winter, they're saying. I hate snow, but I prefer snow over this. Ice is awful. It cut into my Yosick Time, and that's unacceptable. The roads seemed to be fine this morning when I went to work, but apparently they weren't: hospitals are flooded, emergency vehicles kept passing by three times more than usual, and to top it off, the ice we got last night is (no pun intended) the tip of the iceberg. Another awful storm is rolling in tonight (hell, it's already here), and the roads are twice as bad as they were this morning. I went out for a cigarette and didn't see a single car drive by on the road, and all I could hear was the wind rattling the ice-kissed trees and bits and pieces of the trees falling all over the place. A branch landed on my car. How sad. The storm is said to have three waves: one right now, one for four hours overnight, and then another 2-3 hour wave coming tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to my drive to work tomorrow, but at least we'll be slow. The roads were okay this morning and we were already pretty dead. It should be an easy day tomorrow.

In other news, I had a great weekend (Sunday-Monday). I spent Sunday with Elle. We had brunch with her mom, dad, sister, and her sister's friend. We played some cards with her family and then had Greek for lunch, followed by an animated movie, doing homework, playing on the Wii, and watching a tv show that I dreaded watching but actually enjoyed: "Downtown Abbey." Saturday I went down to Cincinnati. Sushi with Mandy, Sarah C., Stephen and Ams. Saturday evening was spent eating great food, watching an entire season of "30 Rock," and playing 007 and Mario-Kart on the Wii. And tantalizing conversation, of course. 

And, yes, I took that picture myself.
K bye.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

Nice picture bro. I'm also bummed we could only stay an hour. I HATE winter. For so many reasons. We will have to make up for it this week/weekend.

darker than silence said...

Yeah dude. We'll be making it up.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...