Monday, February 14, 2011

intermission: valentine's day

I didn't get to spend Valentine's Day with Elle, but that's okay: we're going to be celebrating later in the week, a whole-day extravaganza. Going out to eat, followed by an exchanging of gifts, and then a surprise dinner and maybe a movie. She had school from 9-7:30 yesterday, and I worked 11-7:00, and since we wanted more time together, we decided to reschedule. It worked out, I guess, because I had to make a quick run down to Cincinnati to pick up some papers from my sister, and I talked Dylan into coming, and we hung out with Rob, Blake, and Amos for a while. Tony came home and has a pet snake he keeps in his pocket. How cool. Tomorrow I work an easy shift (1-4:30) and will be seeing Tyler later in the evening. We're hitting up Panera Bread Company; their tuna sandwich is phenomenal, and I need to start eating healthy again. I've gained some weight (albeit nothing bad), and wish to remedy the situation. That's how winter always goes. Come spring, I feel reinvigorated, and I'll be hitting up the gym or Stubb's Park 4-5 times a week to do cardio and lift weights. But for now, the littlest bit of self-control must be maintained.

For enlightenment on Valentine's Day, check out this article HERE. Quite informative.

Regarding writing: I continue to revise "Dwellers of the Night: 2". It's at 150 pages right now, and I'm about halfway through it. I've spent the last week redoing earlier chapters, adding a few scenes here and there to make it flow better, and I scratched an entire chapter and replaced it with something else (a chapter entitled, quite ironically, "Valentine's Day"). I'm very happy with how it's coming along and feel ready to get the rest of it done. My plan remains as it's been: finish revising the entire book digitally, then do hard-copy revisions (the difficult part). This is taking longer than I expected (because I am putting so much work into it), but that's a good thing. I'm still hoping to have the revision entirely done come the end of summer, and then the really hard work begins: submissions to agents and publishing companies. Ick. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...