Thursday, February 03, 2011

napping with tanner

I'm watching my grandma's dog for a couple days. I came home after work this afternoon to find him curled up on the couch with saddened eyes, shivering uncontrollably. The heater went out, probably cause of the cold, and it dropped down to about fifty. It's an old house, awful insulation. My heart broke so I wrapped him up in my UK throw-blanket and after about fifteen minutes he was okay, and we took a two-hour nap together and he wasn't cold anymore. It makes me happy to help little animals. 

After my two-hour nap and a few episodes of "30 Rock" off Netflix, I did some writing. About ten pages. Revising this chapter is hell. I've rewritten the chapter three times only to delete nearly all of it. I'm content with the first twenty pages and only have about ten more pages to go, if that. I haven't had this much difficulty editing/revising in a long time, and it's quite wearying. It's times like these that I'd love to have some bourbon, but bourbon is bad for me because it tastes so good, and I can never just sip a double-shot (though I have considered doing nite-caps in the morning before work to help me wake up, but I doubt I'll actually do that). I've taken the night off writing and plan on finishing the chapter Sunday before the Super bowl party at Elle's place. Tomorrow Elle and I are hanging out, and Saturday I'm going to Cincinnati for the night following my 7-3:00 at work. It'll be a good weekend, I think--albeit one filled with much travel.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...