Friday, February 18, 2011

30 Days (VII)

A Picture of Your Most Treasured Item


Without question, my most treasured possessions aren't things I bought but things I've made. Since 1999 I have journaled every night, reliving my day and hammering down my frustrations, dreams, fears, contemplations. This picture was taken about two years ago; there are more journals now. Journaling is something that helps me articulate my thoughts, calm my nerves, vent my frustrations. And it's fun, too! The best part, however, is going back and reliving memories. If there's something I can't remember, I go back to the day and read what I wrote. Synapses ignite and the memory comes to life. It's really amazing. It's fascinating to see the ebb and flow of relationships, the way my mind worked, how my perceptions have changed. I love these things, and now I keep them in a special box, and plan on getting a fireproof safe to put them in when I can afford such a thing. Without doubt, these are my most treasured possessions.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...