Friday, February 11, 2011

30 Days (II)

A Picture of You and The Person
You've Been Close to For A While


I'm taking the "a while" route and interpreting it literally. Dylan Yosick is one of my best friends and the friend I've had the longest. We became friends in 5th grade while attending Ridgeville Christian Schools, and our friendship blossomed like a white rose in heat. We've changed a lot since then--we don't fart nearly as much, though we both continue to honor passing gas; and I throw away my tissues after each use rather than saving them throughout the week; and he's lost a ton of weight (as have we both)--but in a lot of ways we've retained our truest identities as strange, awkward creatures, being and becoming ourselves when we're with one another. Our hilarious conversations, over-the-line jokes, and disturbing comments make our friendship something special. It was through him that I met another best friend, Tyler Yosick; and I'm glad that Dylan's become friends with lots of my Cincinnati friends and is a part of "the group." He may be heading to Africa for 2 1/2 years with the Peace Corps, and while I miss him, I know that our friendship is so solid that when he returns from Africa, it will be as if things haven't changed. We'll make the same jokes and share the same conversations but then we'll have lots of new stories and adventures both to relive and to share in. Great friends who stick by your side through thick and thin can be hard to find; and Dylan is one of them. Here's to you, Dude [drinking a metaphorical shot of bourbon]. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...