Monday, February 28, 2011

the dayton days [56]

Chowing Down at Kabuki
Monday. I worked a long-ass 12-9:30 shift, and after work I had a cup of calming tea and read "Suttree". During my shift Leah had a work meeting, and I saw her face-to-face for a few minutes. She was so cute, I wanted to kiss her so badly. "You were mighty cute, too, Buddy!" she said.

Tuesday. I worked 6-2:00 and then had a store meeting at Oakwood. Cars and I rode together, stopping by the Dorothy Lane Market in that neck of the woods to get snacks and sodas. The meeting was all about the new logo--launching March 8, my birthday--and some new products we're rolling out. Afterwards Carly, Jessica, Abby, Kyle and I went to Kabuki for some sushi. It was so good, and so great hanging out with everyone. Carly's becoming a shift, said, "I'll have to choose my friends carefully." Both she and Jess said I'm the one non-shift friend they'll hang out with on a regular basis. Kyle's trying to wiggle his way in, but they're not having it: he's tried to hook up with both of them AND both of their roommates, not to mention most girls at the store, including my girl. Yeah, it's territorial. "I would never ride in a car with him alone," Cars said. Leah and I are doing dinner with her parents Thursday.

Wednesday. I worked 6-11:00 and did my PDP with Carly till noon. I won a coin toss against Tony and got to go home early. I did laundry, cleaned my room, did some writing. Dylan, Tyler, and Pat D. came over for dinner, Wii, and a Starbucks run. Leah's been getting mad at me for no good reason. She's under a lot of stress, though: school, work, having to take care of Sammy 'cause he's sick with leukemia. Also, she's used to guys just using her, and so one misplaced touch or ill-spoken word triggers those memories and she begins questioning my intentions. So I must be damn good at showing her I'm not like all the rest. Apparently I failed to do that with Courtney.

Thursday. I worked 5:30-10:00 and went over to Leah's. We hit up the Mall and made dinner for her family: grilled chicken, potatoes, salad, and cheesecake shooters. The rest of the evening was spent helping her with homework. Now I'm in bed and it's flooding and the temp's dropping and they say there'll be snow in the morning. DAMN IT.

Friday. The rain did indeed turn to snow and my car was caked in ice this morning. I did a donut pulling into the work parking lot, and not on purpose. I spent the evening writing and went to 1/2 Price for some Hemingway. Leah met up with me for a bit and her friend Michelle came by. I was abandoned and once her friend left she went home. I was pissed. We hardly ever see each other. When we do, it's at my fucking borderline groveling. I feel like I'm the one putting all my weight into the relationship. And I don't know if I can trust her. One slipped word hints that she DID mess around with Kyle, but that she's trying to keep it secret. I'm tired of the games, her insecurities, but I'm also depressed, so I'm not thinking clearly. But she DID suggest that we not see each other for a couple weeks. WTF? You don't say that to someone you genuinely care about. All I know is that I'm glad to be home and was glad to leave 1/2 Price, with or without her.

Saturday. Dylan came over and we went down to Cincinnati: Rock Bottom for dinner, hanging out in Blake's room. I talked to Dylan about my reservations regarding Leah. He suggested that the big age difference may be a factor. I don't know. All I do know is that everything was going great, now they're not, and there's good reason to believe she messed around with Kyle and is hiding it from me (in other words, that she cheated on me and is covering it up). 

Sunday. I spent the afternoon writing and ran by Barnes & Noble and 1/2 Price. Mom, Dad, Ams and I went to Florence to celebrate Grandma M.'s birthday with Uncle Bill and Aunt Teri. Dinner was great: Sam Adams beer with steak, salad, and a baked potato. I drove home in a torrential downpour. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...