Sunday, February 27, 2011

intermission: the week(end)

It's been a pretty good week, albeit busy. Monday through Tuesday was hell, with a 12:30-8:00 shift Monday followed by a 6-2:30 shift Tuesday, then a store meeting at Oakwood from 3-5:00. After the meeting several co-workers and I grabbed sushi from Kabuki: I had an asparagus roll and a spicy scallop roll, and Carly and I split some shrimp tempura. I definitely prefer raw sushi to fried sushi. Wednesday evening Dylan, Tyler, and Patrick came over for a little while, and Thursday I went up to Elle's and we fixed dinner for her family: baked red potatoes, marinated Italian chicken, salads, and some butterscotch cheesecake shooters. Afterwards we did some of her homework and then I headed home. Snow fell Thursday (so sick of it); my car was caked in ice and I did a donut rushing into work on the slick roads. Salt trucks never made an appearance. Ridiculous. Friday evening I went to 1/2 Price Books, didn't find anything interesting, but got to see Elle for a bit.

Yesterday Dylan and I went down to Cincinnati. We had an amazing lunch at the Rock Bottom Brewery, where I sampled some espresso beer my friend Rob, the head roaster at Taza Mia (sp?) is helping to create. Quite a unique porter. Dylan didn't like it, but I did. I got the nachos (truly amazing) and he had the rustic barbecue pizza smeared with ranch. We spent the evening at the Claypole House with Mandy, Rob, Amos, and Tony. Today I plan on getting a lot of writing done--at least two more chapters in the DOTN:2 revision--and then my family is heading down to Florence to celebrate my grandma's birthday with dinner. I'm looking forward to it, and on the ride down (with my snazzy netbook) I can continue working on the story. Not sure how this upcoming week looks (haven't really seen the schedule, except that I work mostly mornings, and early ones), but I hope to see Elle at some point. She's reaching the end of the quarter and is swamped in assignments and research projects, so our hang-out times are becoming sparse. Not sure if I like it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...