Tuesday, February 15, 2011

30 Days (IV)

A Picture of Your Night


My exciting life has three kinds of nights: (a) a night with Elle. This is certainly exciting. She comes here, or I go there, or we meet in the middle, perhaps at the Fairfield Mall, or at The Greene, or at Panera Bread Company. (b) a night with friends. Such as tonight (Dylan and I pictured), when we gather together, perhaps go out to eat (no Panera today; hit up a barbecue joint with $1 ribs F.T.W.), and spend the evening laughing, smoking cigarettes, perhaps sharing a beer, always playing Mario-Kart. Tonight: such a night. Or (c) a night at home alone, usually involving much 1. writing, 2. watching tv, and 3. contemplating. As an introverted person, I really enjoy "C"; as a person who has great friends whom I love, I really enjoy "B"; and because Elle is amazing, I also really really enjoy "A". So, I guess, I can't complain about how my nights are spent. Not the most exciting, definitely simple, and likewise good.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...