Monday, February 21, 2011

the dayton days [55]

Amos during "Blake's Room Times"
Valentine's Day. Carly and I did joint PDPs and Dylan met me at work around 7:00 and we made an evening run down to Cincinnati. Dylan, Ams, Mandy, Blake and I crowded Blake's room. Tony has a pet corn snake he literally carries around in his pocket. I didn't see Leah for Valentine's Day, but we're going to make up for it later. Some guy from her school, Mark, gave her a Valentine's Day present. "I wanted you to be there SO BAD!" Leah said. "He drives me crazy!"

Tuesday. I worked 1-4:30, a princess shift to help unload the truck. Tyler and I went to Panera Bread in Centerville, and I ran by Hobby Lobby to pick up part of Leah's Valentine's Day gift. It was good hanging with Tyler, he's got a LOT on his plate right now, and he's been so busy that we haven't seen much of one another. Dylan joined us back at the house for some TV and Mario Kart.

Wednesday. I worked 10-4:00, another easy shift. Grandma and I went out to eat: China Cottage! Mom and Dad joined us there. My fortune cookie: "You will have much to be thankful for in the coming year." Mom, Dad, and Grandma will be gone Thursday through Sunday, so I'll have the house to myself! Leah's coming over on Saturday, and that night I'm going down to Cincinnati for Isaac's birthday bash. It should be a good weekend. Leah's fellow student Mark is really pissing her off: not just the expensive necklace for V-Day, but he's borderline stalking her. "I'm trying hard not to fuck things up with you, and he knows that! He's such an ass! Don't worry, Babe: he's an ass, but you're wonderful."

Thursday. I worked 5-1:00. Leah took over for me, worked till 5:00. We met at Cadillac Jack's and got dinner, and we walked back to her car and sat inside it listening to the radio, and she leaned over and kissed me, soft and tender, passionate yet gentle. Very loving. She was very much into those kisses tonight. 

Friday. I worked 6:30-3:00. Carly--a.k.a. "Cars"--came over around 6:00, and Leah joined us. We hung out in my room and shared lots of laughter. Leah left for work, and Carly & I made an Italian dinner and ran to Target and then back by work to see Leah on her 10. "You two are so cute together!" Carly exclaimed. She opened up to me about a lot of stuff in her life, which was quite surprising. I was honored to know things about her that few do. We parted ways around 10:00, and Leah called me when I got home: "I'm so excited about tomorrow!  I'll probably go crazy on you, give you hickies everywhere! And I'll definitely wear something you'll LOVE!"

Saturday. Leah got here around 10:00, and I had some bourbon and she drank some wine coolers. We played Mario-Kart and watched Netflix. She wore a cammy and super short dancing shorts. She left around 5:30, and Dylan & I grabbed Subway and went to a party at the Claypole House with tons of great people. Celebrating Isaac's birthday. The "cool people" hung out upstairs (so of course I wasn't there; kidding). Katie H. was in from Columbus. Mixing alcohol and other substances rendered me almost unconscious, and I passed out in the narrow upstairs hallway, clutching my Subway bag and drifting in and out of sleep as people shuffled back and forth. I barely remember most of them, but one of them was Jessie, in from Illinois, and I was mad I didn't get to see her. Laura, Mandy's friend and Megan's sister-in-law, came by, too, and apparently I talked to her for a while, but I don't remember. I woke sometime after midnight, and things were quieter, Dylan tugging at me, telling me we had to go. I felt better, definitely not drunk or anything, and we headed back to Dayton.

Sunday. Jessica C. drunk-texted me most of last night, and Leah texted me, too: "I missed you sleeping last night. My bed's lonely without you." Mom & Dad returned from Gatlinburg. Dewenter was going to come over, but that fell through. I spent the day writing: seven shots of espresso, half a pack of cigarettes, two trips to the cafe, and 50 awesome pages. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...