Thursday, October 26, 2006

I slept from 9:00 p.m. straight to 8:00 a.m. Eleven hours of pristine sleep! Amos came in around midnight and woke me up, asking me lots of questions about a hermeneutics paper due today. He was dressed for the day, and I thought I'd slept straight through all my classes! Thankfully I was simply confused, and I quickly fell asleep after I answered his questions and shot off a few emails to some people. In Basic Bible Doctrines we studied justification by faith; I skipped Prophecy and took a wonderful nap. After lunch with Nate and Monk, I went to Hermeneutics and turned in my paper. We studied figurative language in the Bible (hyperboles, metaphors, and similes); halfway through, he paused and said, "I'm done talking to you guys because you're done listening. See you next week." Amazing! So I rushed down to the coffee shop and here I sit, waiting for Kyle to answer his phone because we have a test tomorrow and a 10-page paper due Monday.

I have not mentioned Julie on here for a while, so let me fill you all in. We're friends and nothing more. We're never going to be anything more. And I'm okay with that! I believe that God has a wonderful girl for me. It just wasn't Julie. And I'm okay with that! God knows what He is doing. Julie is being a wonderful confidant, helping me deal with some of the problems I carry around like a dead corpse (that was a simile!). I realize there are lots of areas in my life that I need to clean up, and I am thankful for great friends like her (and Caleb, Brian, and Amos, too) who are behind me. I am also greatly thankful for a God who says, "Forget your past and move forward into the brilliant future I have for you!"

Now I am going to go study the prophet Isaiah since I missed class. I ran into Professor Dyke after Hermeneutics.

"Hello, Professor Dyke. How are you?"

"I'm good. How's your day been?"

"It's been good. I'm kind of tired, though."

"Did you enjoy class today?"

"No. I didn't go. I actually skipped."

"Well, I know what that's like. There are some days I don't want to lecture."

"But you don't get skip days."

"No, we professors don't."


Well, I do get skip days, and you'd better believe I use them.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...