Monday, October 16, 2006

I just have a handful of things to say.

First, while I was really shaken up last night over the breakup, everything is smoothing out right now. I spent the morning standing out on the deck in prayer, and God really comforted me, consoled me, and encouraged me. "Everything is going to be okay... got it? Trust Me. I have you in My hands. Everything will work out beautifully."

Second, there are a few things I learned from this whole ordeal. First, I learned that I need to find my satisfaction, fulfillment, and happiness in God, not others. He is the only one who can really fill our lives with joy and contentment. Second, I learned that I need to pursue girls who are the kinds of girls I am looking for. Julie is a wonderful girl--a FANTASTIC girl--but what we're looking for in partners isn't really parallel. Honestly, I am ready to settle down. I really am. I need a girl who is really wanting to settle down, who is ready to start a family. I know that sounds silly coming from someone only 20 years old, but it is true. Julie just wasn't ready for that (she's the wise one out of us, I guess!), and that is absolutely A-okay!

Third, I don't want anyone to judge or label Julie because of the break-up. She is a really good girl, and I am very excited about continuing our friendship. In the past many of my friends have turned hostile towards those girls who have broken my heart, but I don't want that to happen this time around. I really respect Julie; she's an awesome girl with an awesome devotion to God, and I will be very angry if her reputation is tarnished by this.

Fourth, I ask that you pray for me as I "move on." I will not "get over" the breakup immediately, though things are going faster than I expected. Please pray that God will enable me to get over these feelings for her so that our solely-friendship relationship can develop and grow to meet its true potential.

Fifth, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...