Sunday, October 08, 2006

I've become slightly disenchanted with my blog as it stands; the posts are usually pointless, and they've become pretty repetitive: "I did this, then this, and then we did this..." So I've decided to kind of "change things up." What does this mean? Well, I'm dedicating certain days to certain kinds of posts. I'm not sure on the exact order or "style," but I think this would really help spice things up. We'll see what happens.

But since I haven't figured out the "new blog" yet, let me do the usual and elaborate on my day. I went to Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte (yes!), then drove to Xenia to hang out with Jules. We wanted to go to Cox Arboretum, but it was packed with people for a garlic festival (dumb joke time: "None of them were vampires, I'm sure!"). So instead we went to Waldruh Park and walked the trails. Ashlie begged us to stop by, so we did, and then we watched as Ashlie and my dad got into a heated argument over baptism's role in salvation. Jules and I needed a break, so we decided to hit the road. We ended up at North Park, where we stood at the bridge and talked for a really long time. She commented on how cold it was, so we went back to my place and made a fire, sitting next to each other and talking about all kinds of things. We ate dinner (warmed-up chicken helper) and went to the Garage for a caramel macchiato. We talked the whole way back to her house, which is weird because we got there about 10:30 and she is usually conked-out by 10:00. She promised me she'd stay awake the whole time, and she did it just to prove that she could.

Now I must go get some sleep and practice my lesson for tomorrow (well, today...): "The Story of God".

1 comment:

Adam said...

I think we all go through cycles with our blogs - somedays I feel like I have something to say, but most of the time I don't. It seems to be happening more and more these days, but I'm sure I'll come back around.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...