Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It feels weird: it's only Wednesday, but I'm done with work and school for the week. Fall break begins today and lasts through Sunday, so I have a four-day weekend. It will be a bittersweet experience: sweet because I get to see my friends, set aside time for several projects for school, and hanging out with my family; bitter because I will be away from all my friends. Yesterday was spent with Julie: after classes, we decided to go to Applebee's for dinner, then we took a random drive into Kentucky. We visited Brian at his parsonage, then checked out a nearby park, swinging on the swings and talking. Brian told me, "She seems like a really sweet gal. I'm not sure what she sees in you." (He meant it jokingly, of course!). He said, "Treat her right. Don't do anything to screw it up." My hope, prayer, will and desire is to treat her right. She really is a wonderful girl. I told Brian, "The way I feel towards her is nothing like what I felt towards my last girlfriend; this is so much better." He said, "I could see it was different when you two walked in together." I'm fine with taking it slow: I haven't even held her hand yet, but I'm comfortable just getting to know her.
I have much to do over the four-day weekend: a 12-page paper for Basic Bible Doctrines, a TON of notes for a term paper on the life/ministry/person of Elijah the prophet, and on top of all this I need to work on a take-home exam for my multi-cultural literature class. Hopefully I'll have time to watch some good movies, cruise the streets with my friends, and take naps with Doogie. We'll see what happens. Oh, and on Sunday I teach a lesson on "The Story of God." It should be pretty simple and straight-to-the-point.
Oh, and the hot apple cider with caramel is now an "official" drink at the Hilltop Cafe. Victory is mine!

1 comment:

Mike said...

hey man, good to hear things are going well. missed seeing you on tuesday, i have to assume that you were preoccupied. (wink wink)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...