Friday, October 06, 2006

What a beautiful day! The sun burns bright, the sky glows a deep blue, the leaves are turning and changing colors, dancing in a plethora of reds, oranges, golds and browns. I love to just sit outside on the front porch, drink hot chai tea, and watch the leaves spin to the ground. How elegant is fall! It reminds me of something I said to Jules; we were talking about how much we love fall, and I told her, "When we get back next week, we'll get some hot apple cider, sit on the hill, and look at the trees changing colors. And we can watch the squirrels play with their nuts!" I didn't mean it "like that," but it was still pretty funny.

Quitting smoking is harder than I thought it would be. Thankfully, Jules is supporting me one hundred percent. "Anytime you get the urge, just give me a call and I'll yell at you!" Yesterday I went to Starbucks to read a few chapters out of a book on bible doctrine while sipping a delicious caramel macchiato. I think I'm addicted. Today I am going to finish reading the chapters, and tomorrow I will spend the day hammering out my notes into a 12-page paper due sometime next week (not sure on the exact date yet; I'm thinking Thursday?). I also plan on doing some research on Obadiah; I have a term paper on Elijah coming up, so I might work on that.

I'm considering starting a blog to post some of my thoughts on Old Testament studies; the first few months would be spent on Old Testament History, and I would plan on getting something up around once a day. What do you guys think? Any Old Testament fans who would bother reading it?

2 comments:

Adam said...

Okay, pal - I'm going to have to stop reading your blog if you keep talking about coffee and other things forbidden to me!

Rochelle said...

I noticed the colors too today as I was driving today Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year I read this on a blog today

Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
~Carol Bishop Hipps

Caramel macchiatos are good...sorry Adam :)

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...