Sunday, May 30, 2010

a good weekend

The weekend thus far has been pretty interesting. I had Friday off, and Tyler and I grabbed some gyros at the local Greek restaurant and then went home to play some Wii. I spent the night alone at the house writing and reading and drinking exuberant amounts of coffee. I went to the Starbucks in Oakwood to check out their renovations--it's quite nice--and drank four shots of espresso in preparation for picking Mandy up from the airport (she's been in L.A. for the past week); right after I took the shots roulette-style, she called and the plane was delayed several hours, which meant her husband would be picking her up. So I was up till about 3:00--espresso never affects me when I want it to and always affects me when I don't want it to--tossing and turning in bed. I had some weird dreams and then woke up and worked till 8:30 yesterday, and Pat Dewenter came over and Amanda's in town and Anna swung by. This morning Pat and I went to M.C.C. (second time) and it was really good. We did the usual Sunday tradition of China Cottage, and he's headed up to Dayton to work on some printing projects and I'm going to lounge around and work out before my 2-9:00 shift.

Yesterday at work was crazy. The power went out and we had to close the store at 6:00. I drove by this morning and things seemed to be hopping, so apparently DP&L showed up sometime overnight and fixed the problem, thank God. We lost a lot of business and a lot of money, which is never good. Here is another picture I took in the wetlands last Monday, I think (I never can remember):

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...