Monday, May 10, 2010

little toe, big pain

The day started off well, but then it went downhill. I somehow managed to stab myself in the toe with a nail. The top of my sock filled with blood and now my toe is all swollen (thank God for tetanus shots). It hurt to walk and I looked like Kevin Spacey from "The Usual Suspects." One of my co-workers was sick so I worked an extra hour and a half, and my toe just kept hurting more and more. And then, to top it off, I locked my keys in my car. Tyler quit his job this week (starting full-time at Fair Haven Church next week) so he was able to come and take me to my house for the spare and then back to work to get my car. But I'm an idiot and forgot my key at the house when we made the first return trip, so then we had to go back. But the day got better because I bandaged up my toe and it doesn't hurt as much. Tyler, Dylan and I made a fire and ate dinner and are about to play Mario-Kart. My hope and prayer is that my toe doesn't start to hurt again tomorrow. I've developed a system to keep that (hopefully) from happening. And my Thursday 14-mile hiking trip with Mandy? It's still on, based upon the hope that my toe doesn't get any worse as it heals. Oh: here is a pic of me and Mom at our Mother's Day dinner at the bar.

2 comments:

Cory Isaac said...

sounds like a crap day, dude. i had one of those recently, but didn't happen to include blood.

just a word: 14-mile hike probably a bad idea in the condition... well i don't know how big the wound is or if it's gonna bust open again. Do it or don't do it, I guess. just be reasonable.

darker than silence said...

Yeah, yesterday was pretty good for the toe, and it's pretty much healed. Strangely. So the hike is still on as planned.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...