Monday, May 03, 2010

the dayton days (XIII)

from Refuge Coffee Bar
Monday. My morning was productive: coffee, work-out, breakfast, some time at the gym, got my phone fixed at Verizon, and grabbed a haircut at Great Clips on Route 48. Mandy begged me to come down to Cincinnati, so I did: Sa-Rah and Suraj joined us for a sushi buffet off Interstate 71. Jobst and I met up afterwards and went to Sitwell's in Clifton, and his dentist friend Mike joined us. I had a cup of coffee with a shot of bourbon. The cute barista flirted with me, even winked at me quite bluntly. I then went to Rob & Mandy's, and we got pizza and Amos joined us. I took Amos home and went by the Rosemont Apartment, and Sarah showed me around and we went to Kroger. I got some bananas and granola bars for the week. I returned home in driving rains. Here's a poem I wrote regarding Sarah. It's an acrostic!

     Swept across the dunes of time,
     Another taste of Heaven's promise,
     Racing past too fast to catch,
     And though we reach out with all our might,
     Heaven spreads its wings and takes flight.

     Gaping holes in the heart unsewn,
     Answers to questions never asked,
     Beckon us forward with each aching step,
     Bringing s closer to what is unknown,
     Always hoping it is what we desire,
     Realizing in time that it never is.
     Dawn may break, or for all time be dusk.

Tuesday. I woke up after dreaming I was dating a cute blond girl. I went to the gym for an hour and had an egg and toast for breakfast. I went to Starbucks and contemplated theology. Carly was there, and we chatted about our favorite cafes in Clifton: Roh's Street, Highlands, Sitwell's. Grandma M. and I got China Garden for lunch. I went to the wine bar on 741 and journaled for a bit. Mom's high school girl's group went out for ice cream and then to North Park. When they got back I talked with Mariah and Sabrina for a bit. I called Sarah before bed. I'm still trying to decide what to do. The truth is, no matter how badly she's hurt me and even used me, I still care for her so much. The solution seems so clear to me, and then I think about the consequences of that "clear solution," namely losing Sarah (regardless of whether that's worth keeping), and it isn't so clear anymore.

Wednesday. I went to Caesar's Creek for a bit and Sarah called from work and we talked about spiritual things and then I went to the Centerville Starbucks. I worked out and ate lunch before working 12:30-9:00. I got back and gave Tanner a bath. 

Thursday. I worked 6-2:30 with J.J., Jessica, and Katie, a girl from Centerville Starbucks who's heading to California in May with Americorps. My evening was spent dicking around, not doing much of anything. I like these quiet, chill days.

Friday. I worked 5:30-1:00. During work a girl came in and passed out flyers for a new church plant, Origins, in Franklin. She told me they meet on Saturday evenings, and I asked her if they were 7th Day Adventists and she said, "No." I asked her, "Are you sure you're not a cult?" She just awkwardly laughed. I did a good workout at the gym and then napped with Tanner. Mom, Grandma, Dad and I ate at Gyro Palace, and then I went to Spring Valley for a decaf con panna. My new addiction: espresso topped with whipped cream. Mandy is throwing me and Jessie a graduation party next week. It should be good. The Lehman House water bill came in the mail, so I went down to Cincinnati to give it to Ams. I went by Refuge to see Mandy and Rob before heading back home.

Saturday. Huge storms rolled through all morning. Such a dreary day. Mom & Grandma left for Cancun, Mexico. Jared's getting married there. They'll be gone for a week, during which I'm watching Tanner. I worked 1-9:30. I called Mandy K. before bed, and it was so good talking with her, like a blast from the past. "I'm going to call you later this week," she said, "and we can talk some more!"

Sunday. Dewenter came over, and we headed to Apex for church. He's wanting to get his life back together. Hell, who doesn't? Other than you-know-who, of course. I worked 3-11:00. Lots of my co-workers go to Apex. The others seem to go to Southbrook or this Eastern Orthodox church in Dayton. Dewenter and I want to check out Southbrook next.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...