Saturday, May 08, 2010

umm, i'm sick

My "weekend" (the two days off work) was pretty good. Thursday I went down to Cincinnati and grabbed lunch at The Anchor with Ams, then Mandy threw me and Jessie a graduation party at Refuge Coffee Bar. On Friday Dad and I grabbed lunch at an Amish buffet in Waynesville, then hiked at Caesar Creek. I took a wonderful nap and went down to Cincinnati. Blake, Amos and I smoked our pipes out on the Refuge patio, and Mandy and Amanda joined us for a game of Catch-Phrase, and Sarah joined us, too, and we drank coffee and then went out for drinks.

And this morning I woke up sick. Nothing horrible: slight nausea and a sore throat. It won't be fun working tonight, that's for sure, but it could be worse. I'm hoping this sickness--which I first felt coming on Thursday--won't last too long.

The plans for this week aren't plethora. I work all morning shifts, which I'm excited about. One day during the week I may go down to Cincinnati for dinner with Ams and Sarah. Mandy is coming up Thursday and we're going to hike fourteen miles. Friday I am most likely going down for The Pipe Club--me, Blake, and Amos will be bringing out our pipes and smoking with much laughter and good coffee. Next weekend I plan on going to church either at Southbrook or Apex again. Oh: and I'm going to try and finish my revision of "36 Hours: A Tale of the Undead." I just haven't had any energy for it lately. Mind consumed by other--more important--things.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...