Thursday, May 06, 2010

the stretch has ended

My recent ponderings of repentance have spawned a new project: "A Treatise on Repentance." I'm guessing it will be around 80 pages long. Basically I'm looking at repentance from every angle and contemplating and studying the real issues surrounding it. Currently I'm studying the evolution of Jewish thought regarding repentance from the end of the "Old Testament Era" up to the days of Jesus and Paul and the writings of the New Testament (i.e. I'm looking at how Jews regarded repentance during the Intertestamental Period). I've already studied repentance in the Old Testament (a very bare-bones exploration) and am excited about my study of repentance in the New Testament as well as in the early church fathers.

Today is my first day off after an eight-day stretch of work. I'm going down to Cincinnati to grab dinner with my sister, celebrate my graduation with good friends at Refuge Coffee Bar, and then hopefully Jobst and I are going to grab some late-night coffee and talk about some pretty important things. I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow Dad and I are probably going for a hike and lunch at Yellow Springs State Park, and Saturday I begin my next long stretch of work (though it isn't too bad). I was going to check out Southbrook Christian Church this weekend, but I work 3-11:00 Saturday and 8:30-3:00 Sunday, so that won't be happening. Maybe next weekend? My plans for next week are pretty thin: work. I work all morning shifts, and after work I'll go to the gym every day, eat dinner, and then read/study/hang out with friends. It's a pretty simple life, and I am thankful to be experiencing peace and joy in my life once more.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...