Wednesday, May 26, 2010

my week thus far

On Monday I spent some good time with my friend Jobst. We grabbed dinner at Bob Evans and then went to a local park to smoke our pipes. We sat on the rocks beside the creek and talked about all sorts of stuff and finished the evening off with some coffee from Starbucks. He headed home (he's in Colorado for several days), and Dylan and Tyler came by the house. Dylan used my discount to get a free pound of coffee and a French press. We sat on the porch late into the night laughing and smoking. Yesterday Jessie came up from Cincinnati and we made eggs, toast, and bacon for dinner and went to Cox Arboretum and walked around and took lots of pictures. We went down this path through the prairie and the sun cut through the trees and I took a picture (below). We went out onto this dock with open windows and watched baby turtles swimming in the wetlands. It was great to see her.


I just got off work a little bit ago, and I'm going to eat an early dinner and then go to the park to read some more of N.T. Wright. I'm thinking Stubb's Park, because I haven't been there in a while; and they have great spots for reading. It seems everyone is going somewhere now that summer has (although not technically until the end of June) arrived. Kyle is in Hawaii and then hopping a plane to Australia. Jobst is in Colorado. Dylan is going down to Georgia. My friend Mandy is going to Wisconsin, my other friend Mandy is in L.A. (she ran into Michael Cera), and my friend Jess is leaving for Italy today. Goodness. My life continues to be un-exciting in Centerville, Ohio. But I can't complain, really.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...