Monday, May 17, 2010

hiking at dawn


This morning I woke up at 5:00 AM, grabbed some free espresso from Starbucks, and drove forty minutes to Yellow Springs. I hiked the Glen Helen (?) trail. 4.4 miles with lots of scenic spots: craggy cliffs and canyons (miniature ones, of course), waterfalls and bridges, etc. The trails weren't as demanding as the one's at Caesar Creek, and the scenery was much more beautiful. I walked and I prayed and I pondered life now and life in the future. I walked through creation and perceived its beauty and I asked myself, "If creation--now corrupted and spoiled and ruined by Sin--is this beautiful now, how beautiful will it be in the new creation where Sin is defeated and destroyed and the creation is restored and renewed?" Walking through the trails was just a glimpse of what the future hols for the covenant people of God, and it makes me excited for that day to come. After the hike I went into town and grabbed a coffee at a hole-in-the-wall shoppe and it was raining and cold. Soon I will be heading down to Cincinnati. Rob and I are grabbing coffee at the Coffee Emporium downtown. I haven't been there yet but have been longing to go.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...