Sunday, October 10, 2010

from cincinnati

Jessie moved to Illinois but is in Cincinnati for the weekend, so I made a daring move and drove down here. The gas is leaking a bit more, but that may be due to the fact that I filled it up a bit more than usual. The mechanic said to keep it under half a tank but I filled it to 3/4, so I'm hoping that's why the gas seems to be leaking more. At least now I know my car can actually make the trip for when I come down at the beginning of next month. It's great to see all these guys again, I've missed them dearly. Last night a bunch of us--Blake, Amanda, Jessie, Tony, and Gambill--went down to Fountain Square and grabbed dinner at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Blake bought me a shot to celebrate my transient homecoming, and I got a drink called the Sexy Bex. I felt a bit tipsy so I stopped drinking and just focused on some delicious hummus wraps. Afterwards Blake, Amanda and I went and sat out on the square and watched the people and the fountain and we shared cigarettes and took pictures and told fun stories. 

This morning Mandy and I went to The Anchor and shared good conversation. We both got omelets with toast and coffee. Later we may be going to a park, and hopefully I'll have a good late lunch before heading back to Dayton (back to the ol' grindstone tomorrow, a ridiculous shift: 12-7:00, with my PDP afterwards). 

I really do miss Cincinnati. I know I've been nostalgic lately, and I'm not going to waste anymore time on here lamenting all the things I don't have in south Dayton. You know, the amazing parks and the fantastic breweries--"The Beer Sellar" being at the top of the list--as well as the great restaurants and the fun night scenes where we would walk around till 2:00 in the morning making fun of all the drunkards. Amanda and I had a nice forty-minute conversation the other day. If I don't get a promotion within the next 6-9 months, I'm going to try and transfer down to Cincinnati and share an apartment with her. It would be a dream come true.

Mandy says, "What are you writing over there, Clickety-Clack?"
I reply, "A blog post."
She says, "Oh my God, put me in it."
Here you go, Mandy.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...