Monday, October 11, 2010

the dayton days [37]

Jessica excited about some sushi
Monday. Why do I think I can't get a girl until I reach 130#? The evidence is stacked against that assumption. This past summer alone two girls were head-over-heels for me: Faith & Clare. There are TONS of guys out there who are overweight or, like me, "fit & healthy" who are with, even married to, great girls. What matters most to girls is personality and confidence. What's lacking is confidence. I've got a helluva lot of personality.

Tuesday. Dewenter came over after work at his new job with Meade, designing calendars and stuff like that. We grilled chicken out back and made some baked potatoes, and I cooked some rolls from DLM.

Wednesday. After opening together, Carly, Jessica C. and I went and got sushi. Jessica and I had sake; it was good but gave both of us a headache. Afterwards we got drinks from work and Carly left, and Jessica and I sat on the patio and talked for about an hour. Mom had her bible study later in the evening so I went to work for some iced tea and journaling and had cottage cheese before bed.

Thursday. Mom, Dad & I went to the Mall to visit Mariah at Chic-fil-A. I ran by DLM for groceries. Faith said everyone's amazed by my skills on bar: it's become consistent that I work 8-hour days on bar, simply because I'm the best. Faith confessed that in the beginning, she was worried I wouldn't be able to handle the mornings, and slanted me for some closing shifts; now, she says that she puts me on morning as much as possible because I help hold things together. Ha! I honestly think the transition from doing drinks RIGHT at the Hilltop to the Starbucks version of those same drinks is what killed me early on.

Friday. The gas leak in my Prizm is even worse. Ugh. It's one thing after another sometimes, it really is. The Jeep was a good car: the Prizm blows. I hope the next car I get is somewhat decent. Mandy called, told me that Rob was quitting Refuge and might get another job with an actual coffee shop. "He could always try to get you a job so you can move down here!" she exclaimed with electric excitement.

Saturday. After opening the store I jetted down to Cincinnati and grabbed lunch with Sarah at the apartment. She had her car towed, Keith's dropped her for yet another girl, and yesterday her grandpa died at the nursing home in Wilmington. So she's had a pretty shitty weekend. She went to work and Blake, Ams, Jessie (in town from Illinois), Tony & I met up with Gambill downtown at Rock Bottom Brewery. Blake got me a shot of bourbon and I also had some hummus and a Sexy Bex. It was good seeing Gambill. We walked around Fountain Square and a band was playing.

Sunday. I stayed overnight at the Claypole House, and Mandy & I got breakfast at The Anchor. "It's ridiculous how much weight you've lost," she said. "It's absolutely incredible." Last night Gambill said, "You look like you did freshman year! It's crazy!" Blake & I hung out at the Claypole House and we participated in a coffee tasting with Rob (who quit Refuge and is now part-owner of Tazza Mia). Mandy, Rob & I went to Mount Lookout and got coffee and took pics at Ault Park. Dinner was sushi at Thai Taste, and after smoking hookah with Amos & Isaac I headed home. Cincinnati is always refreshing.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...