Wednesday, October 13, 2010

i'm a burn victim

I burnt my hand something awful at work. I took half the day off and after a visit with the Doc I spent the rest of the day lounging around, nursing my wound, watching episode after episode of Law & Order. I've really been getting into it. Mom had her bible study here so I ran to D.L.M. for some groceries--eggs!--and by the time I got back a cold front had moved in. Lots of thunder and lightning, cold rains. Dylan and Tyler came over, and we found a tree frog and I caught it and took it inside to show Mom and she thought it was cute until it jumped on her. Tomorrow I work 6:30-2:00 and don't really have plans for the day. So I'm sure I'll be watching a lot more "Law & Order" and probably reading another chapter in N.T. Wright's "Climax of the Covenant." Regarding yesterday's post, I am just seeking God's will in all this--if he has any sort of "will"--and hoping for some clarity. For the meantime (here we go again) I'll just keep slaving away at Starbucks. 

Dylan and I are doing a one-week vegetarian thing together. Basically just eating fruits and vegetables and whole grains. I'm eating eggs, too, and I think that's legit (it's the vegans who don't eat eggs, right?). Basically we just want to see if we can do it. So tomorrow I'll probably have some bread and a fruit for lunch, then rice and mushrooms for dinner. Maybe throw a boiled egg in there somewhere. I've decided to stop focusing on "weight loss" and instead aim for muscle building. I'm tone but I need to bulk up. Dylan's good at bulking up, and he's going to show me the ropes. When it comes to getting tone, I'm a master. But bulking up? Not my specialty.

Well. My hand hurts from typing. 
And my eyes are sliding shut. 
So good night.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...