Monday, October 18, 2010

the dayton days [38]

Ams, Blake & Tony; from last weekend
Monday. The weekend was busy, so today was pretty chill. I woke early to a flock of annoying birds perched outside my window. I French-pressed some coffee, worked on my PDPs, and had tuna for lunch while watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I worked 12-7:00 and after work Dylan & Tyler came over. We lit a fire in the backyard and Dad yelled at us: "It's too dry!"

Tuesday. I spent almost the entire day eating ice cream and watching tv. I've really gotten into Law & Order: S.V.U. It's phenomenal. I went to Starbucks for some coffee and writing and there were two lesbians there, totally all over each other. Everyone was staring, it was quite comical.

Wednesday. I burnt my hand something awful at work. I kept working because it was busy, and I won some kudos for it. It still hurts like a motherfucker though. A second degree burn, Joe says. People from work kept texting me all evening, congratulating me on staying. But it really wasn't a big deal at all. A cold front moved through. One was really big, lots of thunder and lightning, and Mom's small group girls were screaming, and Dylan & I sat on the porch and watched the electric storm while smoking our pipes. Things calmed down, and the rain brought out a tree frog. I picked it up to show Mom and everyone thought it was cute but screamed when it hopped.

Thursday. My hand throbbed all day. I picked up sushi from DLM and the cashier flirted with me again. I went by work to research some stuff for my PDP and found out a bunch of shit went down between Jessica, Faith, and Destini. "You know what this place needs?" Asenath frustratingly quipped. "Apathy?" I said. "No," she said; "Prayer." Dad & I made a trip to C.V.S. for our vices: his ice cream and my cigarettes. 

Friday. Ams wants to kick Sarah out of her apartment: some more craziness went down. Last night Ams went to bed around 1 AM and woke up around 3 to find Keith in bed with Sarah. Ams told him he had to leave, he wasn't welcome. He flipped shit but she stood her ground and said she'd call the cops. He cussed her out, screamed, "I'm going to destroy this place, you stupid bitch!" to which she said she was calling the cops. He ran at her, and Sarah jumped in the way; he grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the side, shouting, "I control you, Bitch!" He left, with Sarah who willingly went with him. This says a lot about Sarah, her own blindness as an abuse victim, the way she allows herself to be manipulated and man-handled, her constant lies. I'm THIS close to completely severing my friendship with her. I can't be friends with someone who makes selfish choices that puts my own sister at risk. 

Saturday. Ams gave Sarah an ultimatum, broke into tears doing it. Sarah has no more chances: one more fuck-up and she's out of the apartment. She said she has nowhere to go; Ams said that's not her problem, and it isn't. My sister shouldn't feel unsafe in her own apartment, which is under her name and which Sarah hasn't been paying her share towards. I closed at work, and Jessica, Destiny, and Tony got me a little post-burn present thanking me for staying on during the rush: Chipotle! Ams came up after work, didn't want to be in the apartment, and we talked about Sarah, always drama with that girl. She's giving both of us the cold shoulder and running back to her white trash drunken Hamilton friends because "they're TRUE friends."

Sunday. I got Chipotle with my present. Dylan came over and we went to some Estate sales with Ams, then got ice cream from D.Q. "Sprinkles!" We spent the evening at the house, playing Mario-Kart and smoking on the porch. We went to D.L.M., I got a trappist beer brewed by Belgian monks, how awesome! We saw Darrell Southard there. I drank my beer at the house and Dylan left. Dewenter called: his dad has a car I could take on loan once my car dies. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...