Monday, October 25, 2010

the dayton days [39]

Monday. Jessica, Carly, Kyle, and Danny from work grabbed Flavor's Eatery with me and Ams. I was pretty quiet, as usual in large groups. By the time we left, a cold front was moving in: lots of wind, leaves blowing everywhere, gray skies & scattered winds. I told both Jessica and Carly about my depression, the bipolar swings, yadda yadda. Carly said she already knew: "My dad's the same way, I've seen it all my life, I know what it looks like. Much love to you, and I'm proud of you."

Tuesday. I have a stalker at work: a cracked-out junkie from the apartments down the road. I always try to avoid her weird looks and never-ending stares. Wade said, "Don't give her anything free. My heart goes out to her, but we're a business, not a charity." Dewenter came over in the evening. We had some Trappist beers. He and Lauren broke up because he refused to have sex with her. He's pretty upset about it. Ams returned to Cincinnati after a few days with the family. Sarah said she's completely cut things off with Keith. I guess she chose us over him? We'll see: you can't trust her for shit. We'll see how long it takes for her cover to be blown.

Wednesday. Mom had her bible study at one of the girls' house so Dylan, Tyler & I had the place to ourselves. We went to DQ for ice cream, smoked on the stoop, played Wii, shared lots of laughs. We lit a fire in the driveway with an Axe spray bottle. Dylan may be joining the Peace Corps.

Thursday. Joe G. and I got dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I ate good: medium-rare steak, a baked potato, vegetables, and let's not forget their AMAZING bread. We talked about all sorts of things: Starbucks, Southwest, Sarah & what happened last week, theology. 

Friday. I had an easy day: writing, 3-9:00 shift at work, and I polished off the night watching SVU and demolishing sunflower seeds.

Saturday. I met up with Jessica and her friend Jeremy at Starbucks and we went to Southbrook. The message was on utilizing our Spirit-given gifts for the advancement of God's kingdom. Quite an ironic message given my prayers regardng what to do in my writing, which I know to be a gift from God. And I may have the gift of prophecy, in the biblical sense of the word in Ephesians 4; so I'll be praying about that. We visited Carly & Devyn, who're dating now. 

Sunday. Dad & I went to Waffle House for breakfast: eggs, toast, coffee. He went to 1st Service and I worked out and then helped him teach the 2nd Service 5th Grade class at Southwest. Pat D. and I went to the park, walked around and took pictures. It's warm today. We accidentally trespassed and guns were going off and we heard shouting so we hurried the fuck out of there. Mom's back from Kentucky with Grandma at her side (and, of course, Tanner).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...