Thursday, October 21, 2010

sleep, so precious...

Sleep is such a precious thing. I generally try to get eight hours of sleep a night, and last night I only got four. It's not that thoughts consumed me; I think it had to do with the eight shots of espresso I foolishly drank without considering the fact that, despite working at a coffee shop, I haven't had much caffeine over the last several months. I went to bed around 9:00 and didn't fall asleep till 2:00, and woke at 6:00 for work. Nevertheless, despite all this, yesterday was a good day off work. I got a lot done. Had good conversation at work with Kyle and Andrea, made a run to the library, had an amazing Subway sub, got in a good workout and drank some good beer with Dylan and Tyler later in the evening (see picture to the left). I had dinner with my friend and doctor Joe; we grabbed steaks and baked potatoes at Lone Star Steakhouse and the waitress was very cute and we talked a lot but it turns out she has a boyfriend. Oh shucks. Better luck next time. Now I'm going to work on "Re:Framing Repentance" and then go to bed. I should sleep pretty good tonight. Or at least I hope so.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...