Wednesday, October 27, 2010

lethargy

Today has been unproductive. Something's wrong with my left eye. It's pink eye, but the question is what kind of pink eye. I considered going to the doctor but did some at-home research and found out that unless it's an awful infection, all the medicines prescribed are over-the-counter drugs. So I decided just to opt out of the co-pay and run straight to C.V.S., where I bought a plethora of different treatments. I've found one that is working, thank God: the pain is gone, for the most part, my eye is getting less red, and I can see without blurred vision (for the most part). My speculation is that my contact got dry and instead of watering it I just kept rubbing it around, a stupid thing to do, of course, because it just made my eyes redder. Anyways. All day I've been taking care of my eye. On top of the eye problems, I came down with a bit of nausea and an awful headache--probably due to working with the blurred vision and the pain--and so I opted out of teaching a bible study tonight. Instead I've been watching "Law & Order: S.V.U." and "Psyche." Both great shows. I'm going to work out if I feel better later. I hoped to get halfway through Chapter 11 of "Re:framing Repentance" this afternoon, but it looks like that'll have to wait till tomorrow. I'm lethargic and have no energy. 

I can't wait for Friday. After my 6:30-3:00 shift, I'm going down to Cincinnati. I'll be staying at my sister's apartment. I'll be there at least through Monday. I have a Halloween Party Saturday night, House Church Sunday evening, and then I'm visiting some old college friends Monday. It'll be a good vacation. Lots of good food, good conversation, good drinks, much laughter and enjoyment away from home. It'll be a nice hiatus from my run-of-the-mill life here in Centerville. Now I'm going to fix some dinner and watch some more tv and maybe read, unless my eye starts acting up again. A pointless post, to be sure. But hopefully some good ones will be on the way. I have some sketches laid down.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...