Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Big Haircut

I finally got a haircut. My hair was in the awkward stage for about three weeks; you know, that stage between being short and looking good and being long and looking good. The stage where it looks like you have a mushroom cap of hair on your head. At China Cottage two weeks ago, Forrest's fiance Susie recommended a certain style for me (she's a hair stylist). I took her advice and tried to explain it to the hair stylist at the local salon and she did pretty good. Here's the new doo:


Now I'm going to take a shower, work out, and eat some delicious grilled chicken for lunch. Maybe throw in some rice to make it extra good. Sadly we're out of vegetables. Some broccoli would be good, too. I work 1-9:30 and have tomorrow off. I've taken the first chapter of the book on repentance and divided it into two chapters (it was around 30 pages long), which means I already have the first chapter ready-to-go for the first wave of editing and revising. My hope is that tomorrow I can, to some degree, knock out the second chapter. And then I'll write the prologue--which is about inaccurate and dangerous presuppositions and misunderstandings regarding repentance, misunderstandings found mostly within protestantism (as old Danny Dyke always said, "Protestantism has an anemic view of repentance.")--tomorrow on my day off, perhaps with French pressed coffee at my right side.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...