Sunday, August 29, 2010

ten months later

The weight loss goal I made in October of last year--to lose around 60# and reach 142#--has been reached! This morning I weighed in at 141 pounds. I checked and rechecked to make sure it was right, and assuredly the scale was not lying. In autumn of 2009 I weighed somewhere between 200 and 205 pounds (give or take depending on the day). Now I weighed in at 141#. That is at the least sixty pounds lost. This is a great milestone, and it makes me very happy, but the weight loss isn't over. I still want to hit my freshman weight, even though my baby sister says it is way too skinny: I have nine more pounds to go before I get there. 135#. 131# is the lowest I ever got, but that's not what I'm interested in. Sixty pounds lost, and how did I do it? Simple: work out once a day (though honestly I have done little cardio; had I done cardio, I would've gotten here a long time ago) and eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, grilled fish and grilled chicken, etc.). Of course, it wasn't always perfect, but it was what I tried to do every day every week. And now it's paid off :). Check out the before and after pictures below, the first one taken in October 2009 and the other taken this morning.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...