Monday, August 16, 2010

vacation comes to an end

I'm back in Dayton and my Prizm remains in Lexington. It's okay, though: Mom is lending me her Vibe so I can have a mode of transportation for the week. How sweet of her! Tomorrow is my last day of vacation, and then it's back in the saddle (just in time before the boredom becomes overwhelming). I've already sold a handful of copies of the "36 Hours" revision, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well it goes. It'll be available on Amazon in the next couple days, and a smaller (and cheaper) version--5.5 x 8.5 over and against the generic 6 x 9 I usually do--will be available shortly. It's definitely nice to have the revision finished--at times it consumed my mind. I am the type of person that when I start something, no matter how great the task, I must finish it to perfection before I can rest easily. The revision is far from perfect, but it's decent.

Dylan and Tyler are coming over this evening, and in a moment I'm going to go to the library and see if I can't find any good books to read. I've been craving some good, easy-read fiction lately. Michael Crichton is usually a good place to start, but I've already read all his books, and I have no more to look forward to (he's dead). I may try out a new author, I've been looking at recommendations on Amazon.com. I may even stop by work to get a chai latte and find out my schedule for the week.

*sigh* It's nice to be home.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...