Wednesday, August 11, 2010

vacation begins

At 1:30 today my six-day vacation began. Originally I was going to go visit my friend Mandy K. in Wisconsin, but thanks to an unreliable car and a shortage of money due to that unreliable car, I'm unable to make the fifteen-hour journey there and back. I'm still going to make the most of this vacation: finishing the revision of "36 Hours" (which was put on-hold in April and worked on ever-so-sparsely since), reading (probably Ernest Hemingway, "A Moveable Feast"), watching movies and visiting family in Kentucky. It'll be a nice break from work.

The weight loss continues. I weigh in at 144 pounds now, two away from my goal; but I feel fatter, though it's probably due to some recent bloating (TMI, I know). Regardless, I'm still working out and eating decent (only 1100 calories today), so hopefully this slump will end. The original goal made in October of last year was 142 pounds; I began at 200, so I've lost 56 pounds, which is nice. My ultimate goal is 135 pounds, what I weighed as a freshman going into college five years ago.

School loans suck. The End.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...