Monday, August 23, 2010

the dayton days (30)

Rob & Mandy
Monday. Rob & Mandy brought me home this morning, and we got China Cottage for lunch. I spent the afternoon writing and ran a few errands. Dylan & Tyler came over, and we played Wii and watched a movie--"Greenberg". One of the main characters is extremely hot and both Dylan & Tyler said she was fat. "Not fat," I corrected. "Chubby. Just how I like 'em!" Mom & Dad are in Colorado for a week, so I have the house to myself! 

Tuesday. I worked out and went to work for some coffee and did some writing. Dewenter came over and we grilled T-Bone steaks out back and went to 1/2 Price in Beavercreek (the one by the Mall moved). I got two books on biblical Greek, which will be helpful if I ever go to Seminary. We hung out on the front porch and bathed in nostalgia and talked about the aimless wanderings of this bitch called LIFE. He left and I did laundry and watched TV, an easy night.

Wednesday. My long vacation is over, but the work broke in with a sweet short shift: 5:30 to 11:30. I picked up Chipotle for lunch and spent the rest of the day writing. I went to D.L.M. for groceries.

Thursday. I worked 5-1:00. A girl in DT flirted with me, but she's in high school. Schools have started up again. Mariah and Sabrina came in on their way to school to visit me. After work I worked out and did some writing. Tyler came over (Dylan's sick) and we played Wii and picked up Subway for dinner.

Friday. I worked 7:30-2:30 and spent the afternoon cleaning the house. Dylan, Tyler, and Dewenter came over for Wii and beer. Rolling Rock. Not as good as the expensive beers from DLM, but good nonetheless. Carly from work asked if I wanted to join her, Devon, Kelsie, and Allison in starting a Wednesday night bible study in Cincinnati. I think she thinks I'm some sort of Christian hero just because I'm smart. But it would be a good avenue to meet people.

Saturday. I spent the morning writing and worked 2-10:30 with Lourdes and Aubree. It was crazy but good. Jackie and Shelby from the 412 Days came in, and so did Matt G. I met angel, a regular and an ex-barista, on my smoke break. A cute chick in D.T. flirted with me and called me "Sweetheart." I drank some beers after work and then went to bed.

Sunday. Dewenter's in Cincinnati so no church nor, sadly, China Cottage. I went to the Route 48 Starbucks and touched up on my Greek and had Subway for lunch while watching Bones. I worked 4-10:00 covering for Denise. I worked with Aubree and Lourdes. Aubree's fun to work with: she's laid-back and has a good sense of humor and gets shit done. Ams came in to surprise me, and she brought Maebe into the store. Carly was in the cafe, flipped her shit and showed her off to all the customers. A teenage girl flirted with me hardcore, no lie. When I got home, Ams and I played Wii and I had a beer.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...