Saturday, August 21, 2010

randomz

Last night was great: Tyler came over with a 6-pack of beer and his brother Dylan showed up, and I gave Patrick a call and he came by, too. We played Wii and drank beers and sat on the front porch and talked till about midnight. I enjoy those moments of relaxation. The beer was "Rolling Rock" and I must admit that of all the cheap-o beers I've had, it's the best. I prefer the more expensive beers from the Market down the street, and "Rolling Rock" is pretty light, but I still liked it.

I'm excited about the advent of autumn. It's still over a month away. The leaves are still green and the humidity is still suffocating but that only serves to harden my resolve. I bought two autumn-themed candles yesterday: pumpkin spice and one that smells like fried apples. They're cheap and have an overture scent of wax, but it's all I can do right now to survive until the leaves begin to fall. The weight gain during vacation wasn't too bad, and I've lost it all and am back in the game at 145#. I've been there for what seems like forever, but I have a feeling I'll hit 144# tomorrow. I've hit that once, so it won't be a milestone; I'm just longing for 142# to become a reality.

I work this evening. I really don't want to. But it'll be better than just sitting around the house.

My laptop got a virus yesterday so I wiped it clean. Saved all my files, reformatted everything, re:installed the operating system and the drivers and the necessary programs. Basically it's a brand-new computer (or, rather, it feels like one--it's still from 2005). It's time for me to save up for a new computer. I'd love to get a Netbook. I just wish I had a job where I could actually save money instead of sending it all off to bills.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...