Monday, August 16, 2010

the dayton days: 29

Monday. I worked 5-11:00 and did an Ecosure audit from 11-1:00. Since I finished Wright's What Saint Paul Really Said, I've started another one of his books, Evil & The Justice of God. I had Subway for dinner and watched some more "Bones" and then went back to work to get my tips before seeing "Inception" with Dad at 6:30. He liked it. Mom discovered Skype.

Tuesday. I worked another 5-1:00 with Wade, Asenath, Destini, and Mandy M. (who's no longer cold towards me). I read more N.T. Wright on break, and back home I watched the movie "Taken" (not the one about aliens). My book from 2004, 36 Hours, has been translated into Chinese and Spanish. That's cool, I guess. I had Mexican for dinner, and Tyler came over and we got DQ. Oh, our simple lives.

Wednesday. I worked 5-1:30 and took an AWESOME nap after work. Gotta kick in this vacation right! At the gas station I ran into Anna from Southwest and her fiance. The awkwardness was intense. Dylan & Tyler came over, and we played Wii and smoked on the front porch. The plan for my vacation was to go to Wisconsin and visit Mandy K., but that fell through, and it sucks. I was really hoping to see her, not to mention to get out of suburbia into the beautiful Wisconsin scenery. I'd hoped to have lots of time both with her and with God in the wilderness. But a few solid days with friends and family won't be too bad, either!

Thursday. I woke early and had a chai latte from Starbucks. Dewenter came over, announcing that he walked out on his current job, couldn't stand their incompetence, incensed by the abuse and unprofessionalism. We grabbed lunch at Applebee's, and he ranted and raved about it, then headed home to nap. Dylan & Tyler came over for our usual fun, and we watched a meteor shower in the backyard once night fell.

Friday. I picked up a Greek wrap from Skyline Chili and headed down to Kentucky. Mom went down yesterday: Aunt Teri cut her arm up something awful while working on some windows and had to get lots of stitches. I got into Lexington around 3:00, and I went to Starbucks for some coffee and perused bookstores on Man O' War but found nothing. Around 9:00 I got a steak dinner with Mom, Aunt Teri, and Grandma. I finished the revision of 36 Hours today, such a weight off my chest.

Saturday. Grandma, Aunt Teri and I got lunch at Cracker Barrel. Mom went home, and I went over to Jared's and we drank bourbon. Ashley was there, too, and Jesse & Mandy came over. I passed out around 10:00, quite drunk.

Sunday. Good thing I didn't go to Wisconsin: I have a gas leak in my car. We took it to Cotton's mechanics shop, and he's going to check it out. Blake picked me up from Aunt Teri's, since he was just a few streets away visiting his own family, and he took me to Cincinnati. Ams & I got dinner at The Anchor and House Church at the Claypole House turned a little hostile, and Isaac breaking out his recorder to ease Andy Waugh's tensions didn't help the situation much. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...