Monday, August 09, 2010

the dayton days: 28

Rocking out Spongebob Squarepants while grilling chicken.
Monday. I worked an easy 6:30-1:30 with Jessica, Forrest, and Asenath. I fixed chicken for dinner and simplified my room: I moved out a bookcase, boxed a lot of shit up, and reorganized. Ams is in town--she's picking up Chris from the airport--and she read through one of my high school journals and mocked my weirdness. Dylan and Tyler came over. We hit up DQ and shared lots of laughs and went back home for Wii and cigarettes. It was good seeing Dylan: he's been in Myrtle Beach--no? somewhere else, maybe?--for the past five days.

Tuesday. I did some pilates this morning, had an egg and toast for breakfast, and I went to the Route 48 Starbucks for espresso and sat in the cafe reading N.T. Wright. I went to the salon down the street and finally got my haircut. Mandy K. texted me this morning, said she missed talking with me. "I miss talking with you, too," I said. It's been over a year since I told her how I felt. Jessie thinks she liked me, too, but that she wouldn't admit it because she was leaving Cincinnati. And although it's been a year, and the feelings have subsided, I remain confident that she is the most godly, genuine, and amazing woman I know. I think of her often, and it's stupid, really, because we'll never be together. But a boy can dream, and I do (quite literally) dream of her often. I can't help it. She's just that amazing, and any boy who doesn't see that is blind in so many ways. I hope one day to be with a woman as wonderful as her. I thought about all this as I worked 1-9:30. Our store turned into Mad River as the high school girls flooded inside for frappuccinos. I hate frappuccinos. The car was acting up on my drive home; both Abby and I think it's the alternator. Now I'm going to bed, and I'll probably dream of Mandy K.

Wednesday. I spent the morning reading N.T. Wright's What Saint Paul Really Said. A phenomenal book. Mom & I dropped my Prizm off at the shop (should have it back tomorrow) and I got two shirts from Target and we had China Garden for lunch. I spent the evening watching movies--"Moon" and "The Machinist"--and Dylan came over for a bit.

Thursday. The fix for the car only cost $70. Violent storms came all night long and more came this morning. I worked 5-12:00 (drove the Vibe) and saw lightning strike a generator. Purple sparks blew up and my car shook and sparks rained down over the hood and windshield. Mom & I picked up the Prizm after work. I cleaned the yard of all the sticks that fell thanks to last night's duress, and a bee stung me on the toe and it swelled up really bad. I nursed the pain with Chic-fil-a and hanging out with Dylan & Tyler.

Friday. I worked 7-3:00, the dreaded shift because you see all the openers leave and all the closers show up. Dewenter came over for a little bit, and we went to DLM for some eggs and then watched TV through the evening.

Saturday. I dreamt of Mandy K. again last night. Funny how that goes. I worked 3-11:00 with Abby, Betsy, and Denise. It was like Mad River again. Weekend nights always are. I have tomorrow off work, and then Wednesday afternoon my "vacation" begins!

Sunday. I went to Starbucks and finished What Saint Paul Really Said before hitting up Miamisburg Christian Church with Dewenter. We grilled chicken out back and watched TV. He headed to his grandpa's, and I spent the rest of the day watching "Bones" on Netflix. I had Subway for dinner. Sara called lamenting more drama with Keith. It used to be my words going in one ear and out the other; now it's reversed. I can hardly pay attention to her anymore. It's becoming a struggle to care.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...