Saturday, January 22, 2011

the agenda

Elle and I hung out last night. It's really quite unbelievable how much I like this girl. That can be taken so many wrong ways, allow me to clarify: I haven't liked someone like I've liked Elle in longer than I can remember (well, that's not true; since 2007). We're now boyfriend/girlfriend, which is nice to say. It's great getting to know her. Becoming more comfortable with her. Letting her into my world, and she's doing the same for me. Chemistry, I think, isn't something that "just happens" (of course, I'm more fond of physiological explanations for attraction, love, bonding, etc.) but that it's something that develops as two people grow closer together, their lives slowly but surely entangling, sometimes to the point where they become one and the same. I'm not saying that Elle and I are entangled as one (I'm not crazy); but I am saying that we're connecting in different ways, our lives entangling. And that's a good feeling. It makes me happy.

The weekend is here, and I'm really looking forward to it. The Agenda:

1. Cincinnati! Dylan and I are heading south in just a few minutes, will be spending tonight with great people--Rob, Blake, Amos, Mandy, my little sister--and just hanging out, having a good time. Playing video games, drinking french-pressed coffee, sharing stories and laughter. Dewenter said, "Life's all about love." He's right. And when I'm in Cincinnati, I feel the love. The warmth. The sincerity. It's like stepping out of the snow into a cottage lit with a roaring fire, and therein gathered people whom you love. 

2. Clean the car. My car is in desperate need of a cleaning. The inside is okay; it's the outside that's a mess. All this snow has made it look utterly ghastly. I hope to give it a good cleaning, though this probably won't happen: it's so cold the water would probably freeze. That'd be utter disaster.

3. Write. I want to finish the new chapter in "Dwellers of the Night." I'm struggling with it, and I think it's because I've been in "redaction mode" for so long that "originality mode" is lagging behind. I've been doing various writing exercises to help boost me in the right direction. One, I think, came along pretty good, although it's just a scene and detached from plot. I'll post it on here soon, but keep in mind: it's not a story. It's just a scene. I didn't try to write a story.

Okay. Dylan should be here any minute.
And I still need to pack.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...