Thursday, January 27, 2011

china cottage extravaganza

I always enjoy the China Cottage ritual with Patrick, though I think I may be getting two comfortable. Five pieces of crab rangoon, a spring roll, a bowl of egg drop soup, and an entire entree of general tau's chicken. My insides feel as if they're about to burst. Nevertheless, it's always worth it. Good conversation, hilarious jokes. And today an old friend, Tony P., joined us. We reflected on the ancient days of high school and Southwest Church and the 412 youth group. Ancient days is a good description. They took place only six years ago, but it feels like a lifetime. So much has changed, and we've all traveled different paths and embarked on various journeys, yet we find ourselves again in the quiet atmosphere of China Cottage as we first did ten years ago. It's good to reconnect. Especially over great food.

A co-worker wanted my shift tomorrow, so I gave it to her. Who knows how my day shall be spent. Later in the evening some of us from work may be getting together to roast hot-dogs. Yes, during the winter, when the snow is falling (as it is right now outside my window). Saturday I work 7-3:00, and I'll get to see Elle for a bit as she's passing through from her own work. Sunday we're spending lots of time together, and I'm really looking forward to it. We have a lot planned: Just Dance, "Shoot 'Em Up," Gyro Palace, playing with her kitty (whom we're babysitting), and finally ending the night with a television show she loves called "Fountains Abbey." Now I'm going to shower, maybe watch some Law & Order, and then give her a call before bed. I could stay up as late as I want, but I'm a morning person, and will probably be passed out by midnight. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...