Monday, January 24, 2011

the dayton days [51]


Monday. Dylan came over and we had gyros and Greek salad for lunch. Tyler joined us later, and we made a GIGANTIC snowball in the front yard, and I designed a pretty decent "snow horse." Leah and I skyped late into the night. Her codename on my blog is "Elle": both Carly and Jessica skim my blog from time-to-time, and I don't want to blow our secret. 

Tuesday. A pretty good day: I worked 7:30-4:00 with a great crew (Jessica, Kyle, Brett, and Carly), picked up Hot Head Burrito for dinner, did lots of writing, and spent the evening reading Cormac Mccarthy and drinking tea. McCarthy's "Suttree" is phenomenal.

Wednesday. I've been spending my work breaks sipping chai teas and reading McCarthy. I love it. Leah drove off the road and hit a sign. Her car's okay, but she called me in tears: "Am I going to get arrested?!" I met up with her after she got out of school (she's in college, someplace off 675), and we got dinner at Red Robin and went to the Fairfield Mall. I got a new wallet and bought her some cute things for her hair. She's ADORABLE. We were going to hang out this coming Friday, but her mom exploded on her, as she always does, and grounded her. It makes me feel like I'm dating a high schooler, but I know Leah hates it far more than I do. She lacks options and loathes it.

Thursday. Six inches of snow fell overnight. The roads were awful, wrecks everywhere. Leah and I worked together, and I coached her on the pastry case. "You were so serious, you freaked me out!" She said she wanted to flirt with me so badly, and that not being able to made her want to cuddle, and she generally dislikes cuddling. Mom & I braved the snow to pick up Chinese and watched How to Train Your Dragon. GREAT movie. Denise keeps pushing the idea of pursuing Leah on me. Little does she know, Leah & I are actually together!

Friday. Leah and I got into an argument over something ridiculous, but I won in the end. "I was SO mad!" she said; "And what made it worse was knowing that you were in the right and I was in the wrong!" We hung out after her 12-4:00 shift. We cuddled and kissed and she got WAY into it. Excellent kissing. We danced to club music and that made her hot so she pulled me into bed. Gave me hickies. I massaged her back and played with her adorable tummy, and I gave her a hickie by her belly button. She kissed my "cute" stomach. 

Saturday. I worked until 2:15, and then Dylan & I headed down to Cincinnati. We grabbed food as a late lunch and arrived at the Claypole House. We hung out with Mandy upstairs. Dylan's mom called while he was pretty fucked up. Mandy & I died laughing, watching him trying to hold his shit together. We played 007. When Amos & Blake got home we returned upstairs. Ams came over after work, and we went upstairs yet again. Such was the night. Calm, mellow, relaxed. And Rob ordered us some Thai. 

Sunday. Dylan & I hung out with Sarah before heading back to Dayton. We ran through my work for breakfast. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning out my closet, sweeping and mopping my room's hardwood floors, and writing. Still mellowed out from last night. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...