Tuesday, January 04, 2011

the dayton days [48]

these Claypole parties can get pretty crazy
Monday. I worked 12-5:00, and then Dylan, Tyler, and I got dinner at The Rusty Bucket and ended the night with Mario-Kart. Everyone got hurt today: both Dylan & Tyler burnt themselves on cigarettes, and I got a random nosebleed at the diner. I rearranged my room, got rid of the desk to open up space. Leah and I texted one another all day. She may "dig" me. Who knows? It's hard to tell if a girl's flirting or just flirtatious because of her personality. Leah's charismatic, so it's even more difficult.

Tuesday. Leah & I met up at Cadillac Jack's around 4:00. She had her root beer, I had a 22 ounce Sam Adam and got pretty buzzed. I dropped her off at the 'Bux for her 6-11:00 and was buzzed driving home. Leah and I were both up till 3 AM talking over Skype. Megan said she's at least aware that I'm interested, as if a skype call till 3 AM isn't proof enough. She's cute and fun, and we have good conversation. I'm definitely interested.

Wednesday. Leah confessed to liking me, said I was cute and a good conversationalist. "You're quiet, expressionless, and blunt, so it's hard for me to figure you out. But your eyes, they're a dead giveaway." She really likes my eyes.

Thursday. Megan said she dragged a confirmation out of Leah, relayed the conversation do me:

"So what's up with you and Anthony?" she asked her.
Leah's face blushed like fireworks. "I know he likes me."
"It's pretty obvious."
"Yeah, he doesn't hide it well."
"And you like him."
"Yeah."
"You don't hide it well, either."

Leah told Megan she's afraid of getting in trouble with work. Megan reminded her that it's not against the rules, but discretion is key. Leah said she's a charismatic Christian: not Pentecostal, just really tied to the spiritual world. As much of a stoic as I am, I believe her, if only because Mom is (er, was) the same way. So I know those "gifts" are real.

New Year's Eve. I spent the day down in Cincinnati. Blake, Amos & I went to Price Hill Chili, but they were closed, so we just went back to Claypole and partied. We spent the evening playing video games, munching--white chocolate candies, mozzarella sticks, and meatballs--and partying as hard as we could. Amos passed out around 10, and I followed suit around 11:00. I missed the ball drop but woke at 12:03 to a flurry of celebratory text messages.

New Year's Day. Leah and I went on our first "real" date. I picked her up from work at 2:30, and we went back to my place and cuddled in bed, and we went to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie in 3D. We went to her place, and I met her Mom, Dad, and sister Hannah (plus Gracie the dog and Sammy the cat). We all sat in their basement and talked for about an hour. "My parents really like you," Leah said, "and so does my sister." 

Sunday. No church this morning. Aunt Teri, Uncle Bill, and Aunt Teri headed back to Kentucky (they spend New Year's with my parents every year, but I missed their party for my own sort at Claypole). Dylan came over around 12:30 and we had lunch: pizza and beer at Milano's. We went back to the house and Dewenter joined us. Lots of Mario Kart and National Geographic documentaries, and a trip to I.G.A. to get groceries for Mom (and juice boxes!). 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...