Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's Weekend

Friday afternoon I made the trip down to Cincinnati. Blake, Amos and I decided to grab an early dinner at Price Hill Chili, but much to our dismay, they were (quite strangely) closed. We spent the evening back at the house, playing video games and watching movies, drinking beer. I only had one, shockingly enough, but Hartman went through a dozen, picking up our slack. I fell asleep around 11:00--such an old man--and missed the ball drop, waking up around 12:03 to a flurry of "Happy New Year!" text messages. I responded and promptly returned to sleep.

Today has been pretty great. At 2:30 I met up with my new friend Leah, and we went back to my place for a bit, then went and saw a movie--"The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", it was just ok--and then we went to her place for a little while. All in all a good time with good conversation and much laughter. Now it's time for me to go to bed and wonder what the rest of this week (and, while I'm at it, the rest of this year) has in store. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...