Monday, January 17, 2011

the dayton days [50]

Leah: Super Adorable!
Monday. At home I wrote a piece about sunflowers and sunsets, just for fun. May need a new ending, though. But Leah liked it. Mandy & Ams came up to visit, and we hit up China Cottage. Dylan joined us, and we hung out at the house for a while. I told Ams & Mandy about Leah, showed them a pic. "She's cute!" Dylan said. "If you like her, go for her." My fortune cookie today: Someone is interested in you. Keep your eyes open. Ha, perfect. 

Tuesday. Five inches of snow fell over the course of the day. We were slow at work, so I got to head home at 2:00 instead of 3:00. Dylan came over and we grabbed DLM for dinner: sushi for me, a burger for him. Leah & I skyped till about 10:30. She said I look cute when I'm falling asleep. I told her I could tell she wanted to cuddle with me as she fell asleep, and she quipped, "You ARE quite cuddly, but I doubt we'd do much sleeping."

Wednesday. A slow day at work: the roads were still bad this morning. Faith & I unloaded the order like madmen. Douglas, one of our older regulars, hit on Carly and freaked her out. I tripped on a mat and collapsed to the floor. Dewenter, Dylan, Tyler, and I went to Double-Days for a great dinner. We went to the bookstore and got drinks from the franchised Starbucks. Dewenter got a book on graphic design. Dylan & I had a snowball fight in the parking lot; I tried to tackle him, but the slimy bastard slipped away. Katie, Mariah & I played Mario-Kart after their small group. I called Leah and fell asleep and Skype was still on and she saw me sleeping and said, "You're so cute when you sleep." So is she.

Thursday. My phone died overnight and I was half an hour late to work. I got cigarettes from the Speedway off Yankee. I handed him a five and he handed me back fifteen. I told him he was mistaken, but he didn't believe me, adamant that I paid with a twenty, and so I walked out ten bucks richer with a pack of Marlboro. "Not my till, not my problem!" I told Jessica. At 4:30 Leah & I met up at Max & Erma's before her closing shift. We ate dinner, and then we sat in my car and she put on her makeup and I hugged her bye and wanted to kiss her more than I've wanted to kiss anyone in a long time. Around 7:00 I went to the store to work on my PDP. It was weird pretending Leah and I barely know one another. Jessica and I smoked on her break (she's working closes to fill some gaps for a bit) and she said, "Carly and I were talking about how cute you and Leah would be with one another." I said nothing incriminating, the deception intact. When Leah got off work, we met up at Jack's and sat in the parking lot and listened to music on the radio. She said, "When we have kids, they'll think this stuff is old." We cuddled a bit. We've gone from talking to dating and I like that.

Friday. Leah came over after work. She and Mom played a dance game on the Wii. Mom really likes her. I took her out to dinner at Panera. We watched To Catch a Thief, and then we cuddled on the sofa with the fire roaring in the hearth. I kissed her and she kissed me and then we made out. We played a card game, "Golf", and then she had to go so I took her out to her car and it was freezing but she still held me and fought for more kisses. It's been two years since I've had sex, and Leah and I aren't going that direction, and for that I'm so thankful.

Saturday. I dreamt I was part of a commune living in seclusion amidst a zombie apocalypse. My day was unexciting: work, writing, and Mom made soup for dinner.

Sunday. I went into work to do some writing, and I ended up sitting with Carly for a while. Some Jehovah's Witnesses came in and tried to evangelize is. Carly was pretty upset by it. Her spirit's vulnerable. I wanted to get China Cottage with Dewenter, but he was out of town. I headed down to Cincinnati, and we had House Church and then partied afterwards. Amos, Ams, Blake, Gambill, Mandy... Such a great crowd. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...