Monday, January 31, 2011

the dayton days [52]

Monday. I met Leah at her school, and we went back to my place and listened to music and played on the Wii. She gave me MASSIVE hickies all up and down my back. I kissed her neck and shoulders, and she got chills. I took her back to school for her next class, kissed each other goodbye until Saturday. 

Tuesday. To be honest, I'm quite surprised at how great things are going with Leah. I'm so used to either (a) getting kicked to the curb or (b) being the skittish douche and running for the hills. But, for once, I'm HAPPY and CONTENT. This girl is quite the catch; I like her a lot, and to top it all off, she likes me too! She told me, "Dating you is nice but weird." I asked why. "We actually talk about things," she said. I told her that's generally how relationships should be. "I know," she said; "I'm just used to guys trying to use me."

Wednesday. I worked a long and tiring 7-3:30, then spent the afternoon writing my own stuff and editing some of Leah's school papers. I had pan-seared fish, mushrooms, and a baked potato for dinner before Mom's girls arrived. Dylan & Tyler turned 24 today.

Thursday. I worked till 1:00, then grabbed lunch at China Cottage with Dewenter and Tony P. Dewenter and I battled it out on Mario-Kart. Another blizzard rolled through this evening. I talked to Jessie a bit today. She's happy things are going well with Leah. I said, "Now we just wait to see how long until she breaks up with me or cheats on me." Jokingly, of course; to which she replied, "OR, you guys could get married and have beautiful babies!"

Friday. I was supposed to work today, but Betsy begged for my shift, so I gave it to her. Mom & Dad headed down to Kentucky. Leah was going to come over since I have the house to myself all weekend, but that fell through. 

Saturday. Leah and I had overlapping shifts at work. It's fun, the secrecy and all. Rebellious! Leah worked later than me, and when she got to my place I had it all cleaned up with a fire in the hearth and candles lit around the room. She was pretty stressed out: Saturdays at Starbucks, a baptism of fire. Kyle's pissed at her because she turned down seeing a movie with him. I'm glad she did: he's totally interested in her.

Sunday. JANUARY 30, 2010. The worst night of my life. Sarah brought Billy home and fooled around with him. In love with her, I got drunk, cut myself, and passed out. The next day I moved home. So much has changed over the past year: Sarah and I are hardly friends, and I don't care. Couldn't care less, really. She still sleeps around, gets trashed at parties, is 28 years old and more foolish than a 15-year-old. She drives Ams crazy. I'm happy at home, dreaming big, dating a great girl. Life has changed, and it is good. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...