Saturday, January 29, 2011

a good evening

Mom and Dad are in Kentucky for the weekend, so I have the house to myself. Last night I lit the fireplace and with the quiet wrapping around me, I wrote. Inspiration shot through me, and in a matter of two hours, I wrote thirty pages of original material. An extra two chapters in "Dwellers of the Night: Book Two." I had considered deleting the chapters completely, but I'm glad I didn't. For some time I feared I'd lost track of the gift, but now I know that it's stronger than ever. The sentences, the words, the carrying nature of the story... My eyes became entrenched and I hunkered over the keyboard and my fingers danced and words sprawled across the page. It feels good to write something original that I'm proud of. Definitely a good night. "Book Two" is at a little over 100 pages right now; the completed project, which I hope to finish revising in the next few weeks, should be a little over 250 pages. Just a bit more than Book One. It's 3:20 now and I'm going to try and finish another chapter before Elle comes over after work. In other news, I found a great website (click here) of some of the internet's most fantastic pictures. Occasionally I'll post some on here that I find amazing. This one's my current desktop image:

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...